Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Strongest Shape by Tessa Cardenas

The Strongest ShapeThe Strongest Shape by Tessa Cardenas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've read this story several times now, and each time I find it rather enjoyable to read.

This story contains a rather believable look at a long-term, committed threesome relationship. It gives a good glance at the challenges faced by the members of such a relationship, and the insecurities that one would believe anyone going into such an arrangement would battle from day to day.

Caleb finds himself attracted to both members of a committed partnership, and doesn't know what to do with that. When they proposition him, he can't help but be drawn in, and I have a lot of sympathy for the things he struggles with. He worries he's going to be a novelty, that they don't really love him, that there will be troubles with their families...all valid concerns, and dealt with to some degree throughout the story.

I found each of the three main characters interesting and different enough to create a nice dynamic in the relationship. I also loved the fact that the story didn't focus just on the three of them, but their friends and families, and how they deal with telling others as well as fit their unique relationship into their daily lives.

If you're at all curious about the dynamics of an even more non-traditional relationship, a functional and believable menage, then you might want to check out this story. It had pretty strong elements (plot, etc.), and I find myself coming to this again and again when I want to relive the experience

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Brett,
    Very nice review here. Why didn't you give it 5 stars though? What was missing to give you that final push to greatness?

    ReplyDelete