Thursday, July 14, 2011

Never Let Go by ML Rhodes

Never Let Go (Always, #1)Never Let Go by M.L. Rhodes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this book! The story starts out with the classic nerd/popular guy hooking up in a night of passion and supposed romance. The heartache that Will feels at his supposed abandonment is rather poignant, and I feel really bad for him.

When Ethan returned, I wasn't sure I was going to forgive him in my head; I'm not usually favorable to characters who cheat, or abandon lovers and try to pick them up again like they have a right. Ethan, though, has a very plausible reason for his absence, and it didn't bother me at all once I realized the true reason for the separation, especially considering what the man went through.

I loved the juxtaposition of their roles after the separation, though; now Will is the buff strong man, both emotionally and physically, whereas Ethan is broken in a lot of ways, and comes to Will seeking something. I was a little squicky about the sex scene that was practically rape, since I'm not really in favor of non-consensual sex, but she made it work, particularly since Ethan was okay with it, even while it happened...he even expected it. I loved the resolution, and while we can see they are now reunited, there is also a glimpse of the fact that they have a lot of work to build a strong, steady relationship.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment